What’s in Season - July
Why eat what's in season?
There are many benefits from buying and consuming seasonal foods, these include:
- Helping the environment: more energy is needed to transport, refrigerate and store food that arrives from afar.
- Saving money: seasonal food is usually in abundance and doesn’t travel as far, which means it will cost less.
- Supporting your local economy and small-scale farmers.
- Fresher food: seasonal food is fresher, which makes it more delicious and nutritious.
- Longer lasting: seasonal food also lasts longer, so less will end up being wasted.
What delicious recipes can you make from the seasonal foods listed above?
Save money and reduce food waste
Download the free, food-saving Kitche App to save money and reduce food waste. App users can scan receipts, track the food they have bought and browse delicious recipes and food waste tips.
Don't forget to add the seasonal foods listed above to your ‘At Home’ or ‘Shopping list’ in the app, simply copy and paste this list into the manual add.