Creating a circular economy for food
About the event
Thanks to innovative apps and striking campaigns, UK residents, businesses and governments alike are starting to take food waste more seriously. Despite efforts, however, UK households still throw away over 9.5 million tonnes of food waste a year (WRAP). That’s enough to fill the Royal Albert Hall near 200 times!
These local authorities, developers and charities have had enough! Find out how they’re stepping in to simultaneously tackle food waste and fight hunger across the country.
Who should attend?
- Local authority officers (waste, campaigns, projects, environment, climate, economic development etc)
- Restaurants and hospitality businesses
- Charities and social enterprises fighting hunger and poverty
- Community groups focussing on food waste and fighting hunger
- Letitia Walker, Head of Partnerships, Kitche
- Aoife Allen, Director, Hubbub
- Cathryn Wood, Senior Circular Economy Officer, Essex County Council
- Mickey Green, Managing Director, Somerset Waste Partnership
- Phil Holtam, Regional Programmes Manager, Feedback