Can we remove waste from the construction industry?
About the event
The construction sector is the UK’s largest user of materials and produces over 60% of England’s waste (Defra). Whilst 90% of construction and demolition waste is recovered (C&D), five million tonnes are still sent to landfill each year.
But it’s not all doom and gloom: construction industry leaders and researchers are combatting this global crisis. Join the experts as they lay out the path for a more circular construction sector.
Who should attend?
- Construction, engineering and architecture professionals
- Local authority officers (waste, campaigns, projects, environment, climate, economic development etc)
- Waste collection and management companies
- Chair - Duncan Baker Brown, Founder, BakerBrown
- Andrew Buchanan, Circular Economy Group Manager, Materials Processing Institute
- Gary Elliott, Chief Executive, Elliott Wood Partnership
- Dr Teresa Domenech Aparisi, Associate Professor, Sustainable Resources, University College of London