Enabling the transition towards the circular economy
The BLUEPRINT to a Circular Economy team at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) is organising this session as part of the 9th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, which will be held online and in Split, Croatia in September 2022.
The team welcomes full and short papers, abstracts, empirical research, literature reviews, case studies and surveys for this session. Visit the Author Information Submission page for more details on the conference programme.
The proposed session will cover (but not be limited to) the following topics:
- Design approaches and innovative processes to enable circular economy transitions
- Technological development to support the transition to a circular economy
- Social value creation in a circular economy
- Circular economy strategies for social enterprises, local authorities and policies
- Skills gap identification and overcoming approaches for a circular economy
- Skills and training implications of different circular economy solutions
- Supply and demand management for circular economy jobs
- Acceptance and attractiveness for consumers and/or workforce of new circular economy solutions
- Modelling and simulation for circular economy initiatives diffusion
- Challenges and barriers hindering transformation to a circular economy
- Geo-political factors influencing the circular economy